You might see kids riding in scooters without training wheels on the television. But it is not the case, not all kids can be considered as prodigies in riding. Being irresponsible can lead to a lot of consequences such as having your child inflicted with injuries.
So it is important to know the best scooter for a 7-year-old. If you are a rider then you would want your child to inherit your love for motorcycles then you have to be patient. Even though children learn pretty easily compared to adults in basic skills, they are very susceptible to injuries. You do not want your child to experience serious pain and lifelong disablement.
In this article, we will try to answer the question of “what is the best scooter for a 7-year-old”. So that you can have the safest scooter for your child that they can start with that is essential. This is where they can learn the fundamentals.
There are several scooters that you can choose from for your kiddos. It will help you make the decision on which fits your children the most.
Among those choices are the two primary types that you must ponder on. Will you choose the petrol-powered ones or the electric type?
They have their corresponding pros and cons but the final decision always comes down to you as a parent. You can eliminate the price as a factor. This is because of the prices of the conventional pocket scooters that are run by gasoline and the newer ones that are powered by batteries.
Let us now enumerate the scooters that we are talking about.
- Kiddie e-scooters: This type of scooter is getting popular nowadays. They are safer alternatives because they do not emit emissions that are both harmful to the health and environment.
- Pocket scooters: It is crafted out from the pocket bike prototypes. They are the usual ones that are run by fuel and a stepping stone for children to be great riders in the future. Parents just integrate training wheels to keep their kids safe and eventually remove it when they can balance on their own. However, it proved to be dangerous because they are faster than their electric counterparts.
So which type is better?
Regarding our opinion, it is safe to say that the electric ones are the better option. But why? Let us enumerate down the advantages of kiddie electric scooters.
- They are slower. Most adults want to have faster vehicles as they can get them to their destination in lesser time. However, for kids, you would always want them to ride a scooter that is slow and stable. It will give the peace of mind that your child is safe while they are learning how to ride.
- They look better: Electric scooters are powered by a battery. That is where they get the electricity for the electric scooter to run. As a result, electric scooters that are made for kids have integrated features such as lights and sounds. This makes it more desirable to use.
- Easier to maintain: When it comes to electric scooters, the battery is the only expensive component of it. Once the battery reaches the end of its lifespan.
- They usually come with balancers/trainers: You do not have to worry about your child falling off or buying a separate trainer from a different store which is time-consuming.
Although fuel-based scooters for kids might be machismo, it is always better to go for safer alternatives. One way of doing it is by choosing the electric scooters over the ones that are run by gasoline. They are more eco-friendly and at the same time will not give irritations and side-effects on your child’s delicate immune system.